Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New yarn...Like I needed more. & Visions

Yesterday, after getting hired at one of the coolest yarn shops. I went to one of the other coolest yarn shops to buy some more Rowan Polar. I bought 2 balls of "The Blues" last week during the Wednesday night knit-together, and I have been heavy petting with it ever since. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to use it for, but I knew that I needed more of it!!! It is on sale @ said LYS because it's being discontinued....ACK, the pain in my chest, just thinking about the death of Polar!! So yesterday I returned to purchase a couple more balls, and alas... There she was....It was another color of Polar just hanging out in the sale basket! My eyes danced upon "Red Hot"! I knew that it would have the time of it's wooley alpaca life (we don't talk about it's acrylic roots) alongside "The Blues". It was meant to be!! So, I bought 2 balls of "Red Hot Mama", still not knowing what I wanted to do with it. (I must admitt, that I could possibly be satisfied with never knitting any yarn, I am so dammned pleased with all of it just happily stacked up in neat little color coordinated balls or hanks scattered all over my house... Constantly petting it of course!)

Then last night, as I was TRYING to fall asleep, I saw visions of a thick stripey "Red Hot Blues" cape (or possibly a poncho) doing the CHA CHA in my head. Maybe with a hood, maybe a cape with a collar, or a turtle necked poncho... What about i-cord ties with big sexy pom poms swaying to & fro!!! OHHH the possibilities!
But you know what all of tis means... don't you? I may need to bring home a couple more balls.

I also realized last night that I need to post on this here blog, lists of WIP's, FO's, & TIMME (twinkles in my minds eye, or things I would like to do). If I write them down, and make it public, I am more likely to stick to the tasks at needle.... right? hmmmm, I wonder.

6 comments:

  1. I love polar as well, I cant stand that they are discontinuing it!

    I love the colors you chose. I see an awesome wrap coming from this. I may have some cool patterns for it as well, Ill have to check. If I do Ill email ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! I just realized that you are working at article pract, isnt that where fuzzy galore gave all her crystal palace yarn to? Im even more jealous now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job at Article Pract! I'm hosting a knitblogger's picnic on September 17, if you're interested in coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petting the yarn made me laugh as my Mom is here visiting with her felted bag that I made for her b-day and she says she can't stop petting it. She says it's the cleanest pet she's ever owned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new job! Article Pract ROCKS! That was my LYS when I was working in the East Bay.

    Angefasu (from flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy-
    just don't try and felt with the Polar- someone in my SnB did and it GREW! and made a HUGE mess in the washer- I have some of this and can't wait to make something out of it... yummy.

    ReplyDelete