Thursday, September 1, 2005

Unintentional Coincidence!!!

I had TOTALLY forgotten about this sweater until my friend Heidi, said "that purse reminds me of those vintage stripey sweaters..." And it hit me that the purse I am currently knitting is exactly the same as a vintage sweater that I have had since high school!!
This will be a felted bag. I was intending it to be a xmas gift. But now I feel kind of obligated to keep it so the sweater will feel like it has family.

I had the best time last night at the Wednesday night knitting group. Lots of laughing & good seedy stories. Those gals are a ton of fun!! I feel very fortunate to be a part of the gang there.


I am really excited!! This Sunday I am finally going to make it back to the Alameda Antique Faire. I haven't been in awhile, 6 months or so. I am going to go with my new friend Rachel, who I met at the Wednesday night knitting group. I have heard that there are vintage knitting needles & notions to be had. WEEEEEEE!!!!

I have decided that the Polar will be a cape, not a capelet, but a full sized, to the hip, cape. I have lots of ideas for cute little details, like instead of using i-cord or ribbon to tie it closed, I will knit buttonholes at the neck line & use some of grandma's antique buttons & chain to hold it closed, that way I can change it up when I am feeling funky fresh. I am going to try and make up my own pattern. Janis, my knitting hero, Has offered to help me figure out the hard stuff.

3 comments:

  1. If you see a nice looking man knocking you over for those vintage needles, it is my friend Monte :--)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's way too funny... Looking lovely though, very lovely. Would that be the Buttonhole Bag you're making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Titanium- yep it is! this is the 3rd bhb for me. Each of them is shaped a little differently & sized VERY differently. As in sewing... I have serious difficulty in sticking to a pattern! :' )

    ReplyDelete