Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A New Vintage Knitting "Toy"

Last week my lovely friend Nomi sent me an email alerting me to an ebay posting for this sweet little knitting basket/ tote. She pointed out how cute this would look in my house, with my color scheme. And she was correct. I had been wanting a new basket-y kind of thing to use specifically while I am knitting at home, I am tired of the yarn rolling around on the couch, collecting cat hair... Right, like I needed an excuse to want to purchase a new knitting related thing!
You gotta love ebay!!! I got this cutie for $6.99. The seam has come open a tiny bit on the inside, otherwise, it's perfect. There are no stains, smells, or other freaky ebay surprises! OH! It also can be used as a handbag.

I finally started the Lipstick tulle sample for the store. I went with a drop stitch pattern. I like it more than I thought I would. It was impossible to get a photo that truly represents the damn thing. You will have to trust me, it is 1983 Cyndi Lauper kinda fabulous!!! I never thought I would like working with this stuff. And I surely never thought it would look as cool as it looked in it's skein form. Wrong again!

5 comments:

  1. Teh bag is great, and I love the idea of using it like a purse.

    (By the way, love the blog, I've been peeking for quite a while)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous - that is one fabulous knitting bag - très moderne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey tammy i totally dig the tulle. yahaira has something knit out of this stuff and i've been meaning to ask...is it really tulle? i mean the stuff that ballerina tutus are made out of?? in any case, the scarf looks fabio. and how lucky are you to work in a yarn shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a bag almost exactly like this one. I don't even know where I got it. Eventually it broke in some move or other and now that I see yours it makes me weep with longing.

    I find I have a lot of jealousy issues with your toys this week.

    Time to go to ebay....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ebay is an evil place, it makes me spend money when I should... but that knit bag is darling. Great find!

    ReplyDelete