Friday, September 16, 2005

I Am Now A Complete Woman...

I am now capable of winding skeins in a single bound! Isn't it so cute, so wonderful, so Japanese! Let me tell you though, this is one cocky swift, the plastic bag inside of the box states that it is "ALMIGHTY Handy Reeling" & the instruction manual states that it is the "ALL POWERFUL Reeling Machine"! Based on it's self boasting, I expect this machine to not only be the best swift in the whole world, but also give me my daily horoscope, scrub the toilet, feed the cats, cure my dry skin, defrost the freezer, & if I rub it the right way, grant me three wishes! It's already set up in my sewing/crafting room. There it sits across from my ever obedient ball winder. They sit, clamped to the sides of my gargantuan table, gazing at one another across the stacks of fabric, yarn, & craft books. They just sit and wait... wait for me to link them together through the love & power of YARN!!! They will have the same love coursing through them both, winding faster, faster, ... and OH WOW even faster, until WOOSH... The swift spins free, a load taken off, and the ball winder is happy, satisfied, proudly given birth to a fat and beautiful cake of neatly wound yarn.
My friend Nomi presented me with some seriously GROOVY bday gifts, 3 issues of "McCall's Needlework & Crafts" magazine from 1972-1974, they are ALMOST as old as me! We leafed through them Wednesday at knit night, while we sipped wine & ate the last of my birthday cake. There was some hootin & hollerin, cause there is a whole lotta granny squarin goin on in there! And, floor length knitted and/or crocheted skirts, matching mother daughter pantsuits. Yes, I said PANTSUITS!! I think I will treat the few of you who read this here blog & post a fashion great at the end of each post.
Speaking of birthday cake, and I promise this is the last I will mention my birthday until next year, I received the sweetest cake ever. And I am not talking sugar sweet. I have worked only worked there for ONE WEEK, and when I came in on Wedenesday, they gave me this gorgeous gourmet birthday cake. I actually cried a teeny bit. I work with the sweetest warmest people. I have never felt so welcome, so fast. There hasn't been any awkward "getting to know you" moments, I feel like I have been working with these people for awhile. This has been by far the best birthday in years. I have so many positive things going on for me & it is overflowing & making everything around me wonderful! sappy I know! p.s. the words on the cake... chocolate!!

9 comments:

  1. Now I feel like less of a woman! Where did you get the All Powerful swift? I covet it.

    Beautiful cake too! What great co-workers you have. Isn't it wonderful to find a place where you instantly fit in? You're a lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you're lil' blog. . . I've been lurking for a while. I'm looking forward to your "fashion greats". . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. You might like THIS website

    hee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowie!!! Woo!!!! Wonderful!!!!! The planets are aligned in your general direction! Glad things are going so swell! You Go, Hon! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    Oh man. I just convinced myself to order the ugly wood one from Joann (because of the 50% off coupon), even though the Ami Itoya one was cuter, but now I see this. I must cancel my order!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice, now we are two powerful knitters on different coasts. we cant be contained!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got a vintage mag from a friend of my mom's- it is a HOOT! I love the adverts, not to mention all those pantsuits... what was fashion thinking?
    too much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to have one. SERIOUSLY!!! Showed the pic to my hubby and he says he needs one and he doesn't even know what it is!!!

    LOVE vintage patterns. I still do squares - not "granny squares" - but just squares now. I really, really hate them - but I've been making them since I was about 7 or 8 so what do you do????

    Ahhh, chocolate - my drug of choice.

    ReplyDelete