Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Yarn Bandit!!

I think I am sick. My throat hurts, my skin hurts, & I feel like I am running a fever. I left the house earlier to go get some more airborne. I was gone 10 minutes, 15 tops. I suppose it was just a matter of time. I have been knitting for about six months now, and after all, he is a cat, just doing his mischievous cat duties!!!
I came home to the sight of Rosco laying on the couch, drunk on yarn! His eyes were glazed over, he was breathing long & shallow, you could HEAR the pur from across the room, I SWEAR to you all, he was smiling! There was an evil satisfied grin on that cats face!!!
There was a single strand of pink yarn that began wrapped around the darling Rosco, as I followed the strand, then immediately my brain shifted, trying to remember if I am knitting anything pink!!! Did he frog something that I have been working on??!!!! I couldn't remember! AAAACCCK!!! So I follow the strand from the living room, to the dining room, into the kitchen, and down the stairs into my sewing/crafty room. YEP...pink yarn is strewn everywhere. Just like in cartoons, it's wrapped around the legs of tables, under & over things, a big huge pink cobweb of cat doom. As I walked & took pictures, Rosco was at my feet, then one step ahead of me, he began to yell at me... He was offended that I was undoing what he had spent all of five minutes creating!
The stunner for me, & I am not sure why I was so surprised, was that he had gotten up on my cutting table (3 1/2feet high) , INTO a basket overflowing with neatly wound yarn cakes (i.e. no loose tempting ends that may tempt kitty to screw around with them), way down in the bottom of the basket, and chose a bright pink cake of lamb's pride worsted. He hunted this particular yarn!!! It wasn't laying around in his sight line! It's good to know that of ALL the colors to choose from, my big gay cat went for the hot pink! : ')
He followed me around the room, squawking at me the entire time that I was unwinding his handy-work. I just kept unwinding, telling him to "stick a sock in it" every few minutes! After a few moments had passed, I was just hysterically laughing! And know my throat hurts worse than it did before. More hot tea for me!

10 comments:

  1. holy crap! this reminds me of when my dog hunted for my chanel makeup and preceded to break each and every case. mind you he ignored the cheap stuff.

    hope you feel better soon! and at least it wasnt manos or colinette : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is damn funny. -Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Good thing he didn't go for the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat, Shadow, has a pentient for pink as well. When I was doing my booga bag I had to be very careful where I left that yarn!!!! Twice I came home to yarn down the stairs. Stupid cat! I thought it was because it was 100% wool, but he didn't mess with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!!!!!! That is hysterical! I'm sorry you are not feelin' well and glad that Mr. Bad Boy didn't EAT the yarn. This is my fear. Yesterday morning, I was making breakfast. I looked out into my living room and saw...YARN scattered all over the floor..with my knitting needles and project attached to the mess! Thankfully, it wasn't too bad, but I'm going to have to get a valut or something to keep the yarn out of bad kitty paws!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I may have predicted that on one of your flickr photos. You know cats can't help themselves, it was just a matter of time, before they had ta jack shit up. (It is pretty funny, though.) Get well, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, he musta burned a few calories with all that fun!
    - bad, bad kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just too much! My fur-babies haven't gotten quite that creative with yarn, but I did have them make a complete and utter mess of a skein of lace weight alpaca once. It's actually still sitting in a bag waiting for me to learn enough patience to deal with it. I think maybe sometimes the cats are attracted to particular yarn smells. For example, mine won't touch anything acrylic, but they like a good skinny crochet cotton or a nice fluffy wool.

    ReplyDelete