Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Get Your Meme On!!!!

I am honored to have been tagged by the God-Mother of Kid Silk Haze, Kate!! Every time I am at work & am lovingly picking up the thousands of tiny balls of KSH that eternally slip out of their cozy cubby & fall to the cold floor below, I think of Kate.
I was wondering when one of these meme things would come my way. And here it is....
Also please keep in mind that I am on very limited time to type this up... i.e. Forgive the lack of whitty banter.

what is your all-time favorite yarn to knit with?
Top pick, I love that Proud Lamb, it just feels soooo good in my hands, & the colors are amazing! I am currently working with Malabrigo for the first time, & all I keep thinking is how I want to make myself a bed out of the stuff! The colors of Manos are to DYE for! And I am quickly becoming a Rowan snob.

your favorite needles?
Straights- the colorful vintage aluminums that I have begun to collect. I get extra excited when the color of the needles matches or compliments the project I am working on.
For dpns- definitely the shorty bryson bryflex. I will never use a long dpn again.
Circs-I have been converted to the pricey side, Addis.

the worst thing you've ever knit?
It's soooo embarrassing!!! Ugh! How about my Oscar the Grouch Scarf.... Ugh, shudder. What can I say, I was still working with Lion brand yarns, & I had only been knitting for a couple of weeks.

your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it, but it was the most fun to knit.)
I really had a lot of fun with the MSCS. Aside from that particular yarn being so much fun (I never knew what color was going to come streaming out the ball next), that stitch was a ton of fun. Unlike ribbing or even seed stitch, it never got boring. I would like to incorporate it into a hat or some other non scarfy thing. Someday, when knitting is on my daily radar again! : ( I also loved making socks, and of course my true faves are the felted bags!!

most valuable knitting technique?
no doubt about it, it's "unknitting", or "tinking". is that a technique?

best knit book or magazine?
Loop-de-Loop is the most beautiful, even though the models strongly resemble aliens.
the Fall issue of Interweave Knits was rockin!

your favorite knitblogs?
You know who you are!

your favorite knit-along?
I have never belonged to a knit-a-long. : ( & I don't have much time for one now. Maybe in 2 years, after school.

your favorite knitwear designer?
Kim Hargreaves has the keenest eye for what I will call bold femininity! I quite enjoy Teva Durham. And I've gotta give a shout out to my gals at work!! They are very creative & inspiring!

the knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it?)
You can "wear" a purse, so.... I would definitely say it's my big buttonhole bag. I LOVE those bags. I get tons of compliments, they are just the right size(s), & I made 'em!!

tag time!
hmmmmm.... how about...the knitting ultimate knitting Goddess, Janis. I miss her, & the Wednesday night crew! And the ever so sweet Whit. And then there is Beaky. Read how she got the name Beak, it is so sweet & funny!

2 comments:

  1. hey tammy! loved your responses. thanks for playing. now back to school. how's it going by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you blogging! I've penciled in your painted lady - who knows if she will ever actually be painted. I'm off to answer some questions that some silly lady tagged me with. :O)

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete