Friday, April 15, 2011

New Moleskine Journals in the Stitched Up Line

I am very excited to announce the addition of my newest collection to the 
Stitched Up Line of Moleskine Journals::
Hip-to-be-Square

In case you haven't noticed by now, I kinda love color in a major way. I don't have favorite colors, I have favorite color palettes... and my favorites change on an hourly basis.  I have color palette crushes the way that I had junior high school boy crushes so many years ago. 

A Girls Gotta Love:
Bubblegum Pink / Fluorescent Pink / Mustard Yellow / Juicy Orange / Teal Blue 

My fascination for the beauty, rhythm, and simplicity of geometric shapes inspired this series. As an artist I begin every process with the colors I want to work with. Working with simple shapes allows the color to be the main attraction. The Hip-to-be-Square series is created using colorful papers, threads, and love. I cut all of the paper pieces by hand & arrange them according to color, spatial relationship, and texture. I then use different colored threads to stitch them all together.


Boys Gotta Take Notes too:
Chocolate Brown / Jet Black / Teal Blue / Navy Blue / Mustard Yellow / Ruby Red / Silver Fox 

The Hip-to-be-Square Journals are available in the Large size (5" x 8.25") and are currently listed in my Etsy shop in an array of eye popping fun colors! 
All of my Stitched Up Journals are offered in Plain, Lined, or Grid pages.  Because each piece is a one-of-a-kind and stitched onto the covers of the Moleskine journals, I am not able to customize the already listed journals with a specific page style.  
BUT...
I am more than happy to create a custom journal just for you!


My Personal Favorites ( for today):
Teal Blue / Juicy Orange / Chocolate Brown / Mustard Yellow / Silver Fox

I would like to give a very special Thank You to my dear friend Kristi (Schnitzel & Boo) for giving this awesome new collection the most awesome of names, "Hip-to-be-Square".  But most of all, I want to thank her for being an awesome friend!  So Awesome! 

You wanted Purple? Here's how PuNk rAwK pUrL does Purple:
Punchy Purple / Mustard Yellow / Peony Pink / Teal Blue / Olive Green / Navy Blue


What color combinations would you like to see in the Hip-to-be-Square Collection?  Or in the Sew and Sew Owl collection? 

-t


If you live in the Bay Area, you can find both, my Hip-to-be-Square and Sew and Sew Owl journals at this gorgeous Oakland Boutique: 

No comments:

Post a Comment