Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Another room DONE!

I am stuck at home waiting for the plumber to show up, for the second day in a row now... So I thought I would take some pix of my damned good looking house. Voila... HOUSE!
We have lived here one month shy of a year. We painted the "moonbeam" (lame name) living room before we physically moved in. Five months later we painted the "melted chocolate" entryway. And now we have completed the "lotus queen" dining room. Next, the bedroom. I expect we will get to that in another year, or whenever we both have a school break that overlaps.

The entryway, mmmm chocolatey! Note how my felted bag color matches my living/dining room.



The living room, a bit messy, but I wasn't going to clean up for the stupid dummy head plumber!! OOOH, and my knitting chair! Knitting with my feet up, ahhh luxury.



And the dining room. We don't have anything up on the walls yet, but I love that color so much... I don't care if we EVER hang anything up! There is a great story about the antique Monterey Ranch furniture. I touch on it in the flickr descriptions. Maybe I will retell it here in full someday.

5 comments:

  1. Tammy! I love the COLOR-ohhh ahh! I finally talked the hubby into an orange/rust wall. big step away from the blah mocha color in the rest of the house- come paint for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! Color is our friend, some men are just slower to accept that! :') Luckily my man is very creative & appreciates my color whims!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brown and blue together......love it. And I always love green :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love those colors you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sense of color, from your house to your socks! Cant wait to see what else you come up with

    ReplyDelete