Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How About Some Cute...



A couple of years ago I sat down to knit this mouse as a gift for a friend. This friend is severely allergic to cats, so while not working on him, I was careful to keep the mouse under lock & key { inside of a sealed ziploc bag }. Despite my efforts... Rosco got to Mr. Mousie. And by 'got to him', I mean that he found the bag, chewed a hole in it, and spooned Mr. Mousie into the wee hours of the morn. This is pretty unusual behavior for Rosco. In 6 years, he has never really interfered with my yarn or my knitting... maybe once or twice.

I came up with the name Buford because it just sounds like someone who would be friends with a Rosco P. Coltrane. And friends they are. One of the few toys that Rosco doesn't lick bald or chew to ribbons.

The mousie pattern is from Ysolda Teague's charming little self published book, Whimsical Little Knits 1. And is also available for individual purchase

Do you craft with for your pets?

❤  

-t

No comments:

Post a Comment